Built in 1934, this Old Japanese Lighthouse is one of the few Japanese Pacific Island lighthouses to survive WWII. The lighthouse was severely damaged during the battle of Saipan by Navy guns and then was temporarily repaired by the Seabees to be used as a communications center for the U.S. military. The lighthouse was abandoned after the war until the early 1990's when it was converted to a restaurant. The restaurant expanded the roof to add additional seats. The lighthouse was abandoned again when the restaurant went out of business in 1994. The great views from the top include not only the Harbor but the whole Garapan area, Managaha Island, and Mt. Tapochao to the rear.